JADARA seeks to publish manuscripts containing original scholarly research or practice in the field of deafness with school, community, clinical, social service, or other related applications. The journal is also an excellent venue for curricula, book and test reviews in the field. Letters to the editors are also welcome.
Please follow the guidelines below for all manuscripts:
· All manuscripts must be masked. Any identifying information in the manuscript will not be considered for publication. Identifying information includes but is not limited to: name, physical address, e-mail, telephone numbers, webpages identifying the author(s) and any other potential information that will link the author(s).
· Appropriate manuscripts must relate to deafness and should number between 2,500 and 4,500 words.
· Appropriate book and test reviews must also relate to deafness and should number between 800 and 1,400 words.
· Authors should prepare manuscripts according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the journal’s full editorial policy.
· All written permissions for materials such as figures, tables, extensive quotes, clip art, and other materials taken directly or adapted from another source are the author’s responsibility, as are payment of any fees the copyright holder may require.
· Manuscripts must be prepared in MS Word and submitted to the editors by accessing the journal online. The link is: http://repository.wcsu.edu/jadara/ and all submissions are accepted via this link. You will need to either sign in or create an account (this is free) and follow the instructions. E-mailed attachments will not be accepted and will not be considered a submission.
· All manuscripts should be well organized and concise so the development of ideas is logical.
· Each manuscript must have an abstract of 100 words or less.
· Manuscripts should include keywords for the manuscript subject matter and all co-author’s names, titles, and addresses including electronic mail addresses.
· Manuscripts under consideration by another periodical should not be submitted to JADARA.
Manuscripts will be acknowledged upon receipt. Following preliminary review by the editors, manuscripts will be sent, author’s name(s) deleted, to members of the editorial review board. Authors will be notified when manuscripts are selected for publication. Manuscripts not accepted after review will be returned for revision, or rejected as unacceptable for the journal.
Manuscripts and book or test reviews may be sent to the link listed above and below. Questions regarding publishing in JADARA should be directed to the editor. Thank you for considering JADARA for your next publication venue.
Senior Editor: Caroline M. Kobek Pezzarossi, Ph.D:
Associate Professor of Psychology at Gallaudet University
Submission link: http://repository.wcsu.edu/jadara/ and click “Submit Article” on the left side of the screen.